14th Annual Xerox Canada-AFOA Excellence in Aboriginal Leadership Awards
Xerox Canada and AFOA Canada are proud to present the Excellence in Aboriginal Leadership Awards - Advancing Aboriginal finance and management.
Recognizing effort and rewarding excellence
AFOA Canada and Xerox Canada are dedicated to helping Aboriginal leaders reach the highest standard of excellence in finance and management. This is one example of that commitment.
The Excellence in Aboriginal Leadership Award was created in 2004. It is designed to recognize and celebrate Aboriginal achievement in financial management. Winners have supported a vision for excellence and innovation in finance and management, and demonstrated advanced expertise, outstanding professionalism and leadership. Their contributions have led to the betterment of Canadian Aboriginal communities and people.
There are two categories for nominations for the Xerox Canada-AFOA Excellence in Aboriginal Leadership Award.
1. The National category recognizes individuals who have contributed to the Aboriginal financial management profession on a national or institutional level.
2. The Regional category recognizes those individuals who have made their contributions at the regional, local or community level.
Awards are presented at a special ceremony at AFOA Canada's National Conferences.
Winners receive complimentary registration and financial assistance with travel to the Conference.
We invite you to think about the people around you and to nominate someone who has demonstrated a special passion and drive in the interests of Aboriginal financial management. Who is intent on strengthening and building upon the successes we have achieved? Who exemplifies this mission through their day-to-day efforts?
Recipients of the Excellence in Aboriginal Leadership Award continuously
demonstrate a sincere and long-term commitment to excellence in
Aboriginal finance and management in Canada.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Have had senior finance and management responsibilities in an Aboriginal community or organization.
- Demonstrated leadership skills that have motivated and inspired.
- Made a significant contribution to the field of Aboriginal finance and management.
- Made a measurable impact on the management, performance and/or governance of Aboriginal community(ies)/organization(s).
- Raised the standards of Aboriginal finance and management practices.
All nominations must be submitted to the AFOA Canada, based on the
criteria above. Self-nominations will not be considered. AFOA Canada
reserves the right to use the Award winners' names in communication
material regarding the Award.
Award winners are selected by an Awards Committee comprised of previous
Award winners and senior Aboriginal financial executives from across the
to view AFOA Canada Awards and Scholarship General Regulations