||The CAFM Exam Preparation Session is a three day session which reviews areas covered in the CAFM Professional Exam and will go over practical exam writing applications geared to assist you in developing your own study strategy. Participants will be given a copy of a practice exam to assist them in CAFM exam writing.
The CAFM Exam Preparation Session is held two times a year. One is held in Calgary or Edmonton, AB the last week of April or first week of May and the other is held in Ottawa, ON the third week of October. See the Schedule & Logistics for the next session.
The registration fee is $900, plus applicable taxes, and includes materials and morning/afternoon break snacks along with beverages (coffee, tea, water, etc). Individuals are free to obtain accommodation to meet their needs and budget. However, rooms are set aside at the hotel in which the Exam Preparation Session is being held for participants.
All applicants of the Certified Aboriginal Financial Management (CAFM) professional designation via;
1. CAFM Education Program
2. Special Arrangement B
require successful completion (65% or higher) on the CAFM Professional Exam.
The CAFM Exam is scheduled for four hours and is based on the Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager Competency Standards. For more on the Exam, click here.
Who should attend the CAFM Exam Preparation Session?
If you have submitted your CAFM Exam application to AFOA Canada and are deemed eligible to write the exam and would like to attend the Exam Preparation Session, you will need to complete an Exam Preparation Registration form.
- Those CAFM applicants planning to challenge the CAFM Exam and approved to write the Exam.
- Those CAFM applicants who want to meet and study with other aspiring CAFMs
- Those CAFM applicants who are looking for excellent study tips and ways to enhance their exam writing abilities
Why should I attend the CAFM Exam Preparation Session?
Plan...how much time YOU should be spending to prepare for this exam.
Learn...the basics of exam writing, how to structure your study plan and what YOU need to master the CAFM exam.
Practice...what you have learned by writing a practice exam and learn practical exam applications from a certified CAFM instructor.
Retain...the knowledge that you have worked so hard to learn and be confident walking into your CAFM exam.
The experience of the preparation session and the related material does not guarantee success but it does increase the chances for success.
- Understand effective studying practices for exams.
- Learn tips on learner types, dealing with stress, techniques, multiple choice and approaches to a variety of different question types.
- Understand the competencies and curriculum the exam will cover, along with learning objectives, sources and content summaries.
- Get a feel for what the exam conditions may be like by writing a similar practice exam.
- Get feedback on how you did on the practice exam.
- Receive special coaching and direction on selected topics.
- The CAFM exam is rigorous and requires substantive preparation to increase the chances of success.
- It is possible to pass the exam without attending an exam preparation session, however, your chances for success will be higher by attending the exam preparation session and is highly recommended.