2018 Indigenous Learning Centre Bursary Program
The ILC will award ten (10) bursaries in the amount of $2,000 each. All applicants will be advised to explore all other possible sources of revenue to complement any award received from ILC.
Students are eligible to be awarded more than one bursary, however not in the same school year.
The bursaries allocated must be used for the program of study and the academic year 2018/2019.
- *Applicant must be a former residential school attendee or a descendant of a residential school attendee (First Nation or Metis)
- Attending post-secondary school as a full-time student (Proof of enrolment/acceptance)
- Academic Programs include: Business Administration; Business Management; Accounting Program; Commerce and/or finance related such as the AFOA Canada Certified Aboriginal Financial Management (CAFM) Program
- Completed Application Form and to include a Letter of Personal Introduction
- Financial need will be a consideration
*The 2018 Bursary Program has received funding support from the NIB Trust Fund to address the impacts of the Indian Residential School System and is consistent with the NIB Trust Funds charitable objects.
Bursaries are available to post-secondary students attending university or college as a full-time student in an academic program such as Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting, Commerce and/or other finance related programs.
Recipients of the Bursary Program to date are:
- Julia Augustine, Miramichi, NB, University of New Brunswick
- Kristen Brock, Alderville First Nation, University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Tara Brown, Edmonton, AB, McEwan University
- Brandon Hansen, Saskatoon, SK, University of Saskatchewan
- Stephanie Landherr, Winnipeg, MB, Red River College
- Terry-Lynn McNab, Regina, SK, University of Regina
- Brenda Missens, Fort Qu'Appelle, SK University of Regina
- Virginia Anne Smith-Spence, Winnipeg, MB, Red River College
- Damian Kulynych, Calgary, AB, Mount Royal University
- Kandice Charlie, Agassiz, BC, Simon Fraser University, Beedie School of Business
- Corey Kataquapit, North Bay, ON, Canadore College
- Rochelle Pelly, Winnipeg, MB, Red River College
- Denzel Sutherland Wilson, Kispiox, BC, McGill University
- Nathalie McPherson, St. Paul, AB, University of Saskatchewan, Edwards School of Business
- Erin Solway, Siksika Nation, AB, SAIT Polytechnic
- Marsha Janvier, Saskatoon, SK, University of Saskatchewan, Edwards School of Business
- Nicole Gee, Winnipeg MB, Yellowquill College
- Amanda Mae Sagutch, Winnipeg, MB, Yellowquill College
- Brenton Thorvaldson, Selkirk, MB, University of Manitoba
- Kaitlyn Adams Lewis, Thunder Bay ON, Ryerson University
- Jennifer Ambers, Namgis First Nation, BC, Camosun College
- Richelle Bowe, Anaham Band, BC, Okanagan College
- Josée Lépine, Manitoba Métis Federation, MB, University of Manitoba
- Tyler Thorne, Nunatukavut, NL, Dalhousie University
- Gregory John, Calgary AB, University of Calgary
- Michaela Johnson, Fort Smith NT, University of Lethbridge
- Dawn Paul, Victoria BC, University of Victoria
- Clayton Schroeder, Sto:lo Nation BC, Kwantlen Polytechnic University