AFOA Canada achieves its mandate by:
- Building capacity aimed at enhancing competency and skills development in financial management, general management, program management and leadership
- Publishing the Journal of Aboriginal Management (JAM), Canada’s only professional Indigenous management journal
- Professional development training
- Development of Indigenous financial management, accounting and reporting standards
- Certifying Aboriginal Financial Managers
- Certifying Aboriginal Professional Administrators
- Promoting excellence and professionalism in Indigenous Communities and organizations
- Promoting of best practices
- Encouraging Indigenous youth to enter into the finance and management professions
- Providing a forum to support our members through sharing of knowledge and experience
- Supporting Indigenous accountability and self-determination efforts
We serve our members' professional needs so that they can help their organizations and communities maximize resources, strengthen decision-making and governance, enhance the delivery of programs and services and meet accountability requirements. We serve our members' needs so that they can improve their skills and knowledge, grow professionally, and progress through their careers.
AFOA membership spans the country from the Pacific to the Atlantic to the Arctic. AFOA members are leaders in their communities, organizations, and companies. What binds them is their commitment to financial and management excellence. They are the people who get things done. You can be among them.